I wish I could say I was clever enough to come up with these on my own, but I'm not this articulate. Plus it wouldn't exactly go with my meme's. As I was reading last night I came across a list of traits that the author thought a "man" should display. This closely mirrors my heart and conscience's desire and I wanted to share them. I have printed them out under the title "The Man I Want to Be" and posted them above my computer monitor at work as a reminder of who I am striving to become. I would encourage anyone to use these, or create their own and share.
1. Prays, recognizing that his duty is to God first and above all things.
2. Is articulate, communicating his thoughts and opinions intelligently and respectfully.
3. Respects women, directly through honorable discourse and chaste living, and indirectly by his thoughts.
4. Defends the innocent, especially children and unborn life.
5. Is not addicted, whether to alcohol, pornography, or entertainment, and therefore is truly free.
6. Is healthy, actively maintaining physical fitness and a proper diet.
7. Holds convictions supported by reason and truth.
8. Is courageous, unafraid to defend truth in all circumstances.
9. Educates himself, not for the sake of accumulating factual knowledge, but for advancement in wisdom.
10. Works hard, acknowledging that time is a gift to be used wisely.
11. Sacrifices his needs for the sake of others.
12. Is charitable, recognizing that nothing is truly his own.
13. Is humble, possessing an honesty that doesn't tolerate deception, and a gratitude without envy.
If you are reading this......you forgot to change
17 years ago
If only we could all list those as our daily behavior... Thanks Caleb!
ReplyDelete